The pics are a combination of Dover images (I can only use 10 from any coloring book without violating their rules) and pics from Clip Art ETC.
I set them up as picture files instead of pdfs because my kids actually prefer I print them as “smallies” (four to a page). And SORRY I couldn’t get them into one file. The Dover pictures were huge and WordPress only allows a certain size for upload. If I shrank them too much, they might not have printed out well as full-page images.
BURGESS ANIMAL BOOK
Everything you need should be there except I couldn’t find a free Brown Bear, so go get this one for ch 33. And, I started drowning in mammals after a while, so don’t be surprised if you’re missing one when there’s four in a chapter. YIKES. Let me know if anything glaring is missing, or if you have a free image in your pocket for one I’ve missed!
OTHER USEFUL LINKS:
- A Guide to the book with the species for each chapter listed.
- Notebooking pages for some of the animals.
- Taxonomic key for the animals.
- The species that are missing entirely: least flycatcher ch 6, hermit thrush ch31, parula ch 26, red-tailed hawk ch 18
- For the Loggerhead shrike in ch 35, it *could* be a gray shrike. Loggerhead has a smaller bill, so I picked all the little bills out of the gray shrike images
- Eastern screech owl ch42 is just a not-decent picture.
Since I was limited to the Dover images I could use, not all the images I have are as “colorable” as those. However, I found that http://www.50birds.com/coloring-books/bird-coloring-book.htm has some images that I prefer to the ETC images I had to use once my Dover quota was up. I’m sure she prefers I send the traffic there, rather than putting her images in my folders. I included the chapter numbers so you’d know which folder to toss these into:
Page 1: CH5 bluebird, CH12 oriole, CH30 mockingbird, CH37 chickadee, CH38 loon
Page 2: CH6 phoebe, CH35 hummingbird
Page 3: CH3 white-throated sparrow, CH15 tree swallow, CH39 nuthatch
Page 4: CH22 kestrel, CH42 screech owl
Page 5: CH7 kingbird, CH9 sandpiper, CH13 bobolink, CH17 blue jay
CH31 thrushes found on p3,p5
CH33 finches found on p2,p3
OTHER USEFUL LINKS:
And in case you’re a DIY lover in general, not just in your schooling, be sure to check out my other site and our new book!