Pioneers and Patriots Cut & Paste!!! Timeline

in 4GRD, 5GRD, All Printables, Pioneers and Patriots, Timelines, US History

IMG_0649

Doing the 4GRD-5GRD timeline is one of those suggestions that doesn’t happen in our house.  If it ain’t in the lesson plans, it ain’t a-gonna happen.  And when I do get around to it, it’s a MONUMENTAL task.  So, I have made a cut-and-paste version (or  a exactly what-to-write-where version) for you, using the 92-page hardback blank books you can get from Emmanuel Books or Barebooks.com.

Anyway, here are the instructions for the first CHUNK of the timeline.  Like the handwriting sheets, these will develop as my daughter gets through the chapters.  What you see above is the color-coded version (by country) that my daughter has done.  Knowing her this is just the beginning of the embellishment.

Instructions for setting up your book.

• Write or paste the Table of Contents on the first blank page (not the first spread) and add NO PAGE NUMBER at the bottom

IMG_0644

• Starting the first spread with 1-2, number your pages (in pencil at first, if you’re like me.  I always skip SOMEWHERE)
  • You should end up with 90 being the last number on the right hand side of the last spread with nothing on the final back page.

We like the timeline lines in the middle of the page so that we can paste figures above and notes below. To do that, here are the instructions for drawing your lines:

• Measure the vertical center of your book.  If it’s like mine, it’s the ninth staple in the middle.  Now you never need do that again!
  • Close the book and open only the cover.  Measure the outer edge center, AND DRAW DOWN ALL THE PAGES.  Now every page has a dot on the outside.

IMG_0645

• Anytime a page is needed, use a straight edge and connect the middle (ninth staple) with the outside dot.  Done!
  • To make the tick marks, we use the line guide provided with the book.  If we center the first line of the guide at ninth staple, we count the middle as 50 and go skip-skip-60, skip-skip-70, etc.

IMG_0650

P&P Timeline (and CFCA too)

To start your P&P timeline, print out the documents below:

1. Put lines on the needed pages
  2. cut out the figures
  3. paste on above the line
  4. paste or write sentences on the bottom half of the page.

*Note:  If the date BOLDED on placement sheet,  it’s the first time you’ve used that page and you likely need to draw in the line.  3rd Grade dates are also bolded, if you wanted to put those in first.

Table-of-Contents again

New, Sane Timeline and the Images 2 , Images 1

OLD Insane P&P Timeline Dates and Placement

P&P Figures Sheet 1          P&P sheet 2            P&P sheet 3

Most pages are sparse, but as you can see below, the 16th century gets pretty TIGHT.
IMG_0652

Schuster Bible History Timeline

To do your Bible history, print out the sheets below.  Following the instructions on the DATE pdf, put lines on the needed pages, cut out the figures, paste on above the line,  and if you want to follow MODG recommendations, give each guy the corresponding number on the date sheet.  Paste or write the numbered sentences on the bottom half of the page.  Color and decorate.  *Same note as above, anytime a date is BOLDED on the placement sheet, it’s the first time you’ve used that page and you probably need to help the child draw in the line.

Schuster Timeline Figures

Schuster Timeline Placement

1 Shannon Crouch July 19, 2017

beautiful! Can’t wait to use it this year! Thank you!

2 Beth Good July 11, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing this! This truly is a huge blessing and help!

3 Liesa Gonzalez February 6, 2017

We are using P&P, but also reading GWW. The images at the beginning of each “unit” are fantastic, but probably too big to put on this timeline. I am going to try to scan and then reduce the size to get them down closer to the P&P ones.

4 Katie August 29, 2016

First of all – thank you for sharing this huge blessing-of-a-ginormous resource with us! SO many people just wouldn’t do bless others like you have, and I am so grateful for that.

Secondly…about this 5th grade P&P timeline. Since I am now just looking at this with my fourth child to do 5th grade, I obviously haven’t done it yet. Is this the same timeline that we do once we get to 6th-7th-8th grade? You just add in the P&P stuff in 5th grade and do it early? Thanks so much for your clarifying that point!!!

God bless!

5 admin August 30, 2016

Yes, it’s identical. Same book. Hope that helps!

6 Elizabeth June 3, 2016

Hi, coming back to this in 2016-2017 school year. Is the sane and insane basically the same thing? Should I use the sane one this time around? Thanks

7 admin June 3, 2016

They are not the same. When I originally built it, I put in 94 figures. The “sane” one has 60 figures. I plotted EVERYTHING the first time around. It’s up to you. :)

8 Molly August 31, 2015

Question (may be dumb, but I’m not using P&P or CFCA yet, but GWW and How America Began/Grew): the images sheets – to what do the numbers refer? For example – on the first Images sheet – Williams is numbered 12, Penn 15. I’m trying to ascertain if the figures in the Image PDFs are useful for me or not, given that I’m not using P&P or CFCA. Thanks!

9 admin September 2, 2015

The numbers go with the chapter numbers in those texts. If you aren’t using them, it won’t make a lot of sense. I would think you could still use the images and placement pdfs, but they won’t be ordered by your chapter numbers. Does that help?

10 Molly September 2, 2015

Yes, that helps tremendously. Thank you for clarifying, and your helpful advices, printables etc.! A wonderful resource for me and others too, I’m sure.

11 tina March 4, 2015

Thank you so much, this is amazing and I’m so grateful for all of the hard work you have done. God bless you!

Tina & Whitney (9)

12 admin June 30, 2015

Thank you! I can’t believe I didn’t see this comment. I would have answered you. Hi! (three months later…)

13 Elizabeth July 31, 2014

Once again a HUGE thank you!!

14 admin August 3, 2014

You are welcome!

15 Cynthia Caton January 29, 2014

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I have been struggling with being overwhelmed by the time line, and quite frankly, I think it is SO important. Thank you for making this doable for me! I owe you big time! Can’t wait to get to this! God bless you :)

16 admin January 29, 2014

YAY! You’re welcome! I’ll have the rest of the fourth grade chapters done for you soon!