Creation and the Coming of Life Lessons

in All Printables, Cards, Montessori

GET THE FULL IMAGE HERE:   http://www.moteaco.com/albums/life.html

I find that if you aren’t going to teach your kids the 4000 year old earth, it’s hard to find a GOD version of the story.  However, Maria Montessori told a great one.  I took the story of creation and coming of life story from www.moteaco.com and adjusted it for our family.   I will have to take down the links if they object, because I only altered parts of it, not rewrite the whole thing.  These are the versions I told our kids with the presentations.  I also printed out the the picture you see (part of) above on three sheets, so it would be big enough.

The Story of Creation

Timeline of Life

Get the pictures for the creation story HERE.

1 Emily January 18, 2017

Your link for the timeline of life doesn’t exist anymore, is there any other way to get it?

2 admin January 23, 2017

He took them down!

3 Lauren June 13, 2015

Hello! this is wonderful…do you have other Montessori 5 Great lessons tweaked to be from a Christian perspective?
Thank you!
Lauren
Montessori certified 6-9

4 admin June 15, 2015
5 Christine Howieson June 12, 2015

I’m really interested in your transition from Montessori to MODG, specifically using the Great Lessons and presenting Keys, etc. Do you continue any Montessori work in the Elementary years, or are you solely doing MODG? I’m conflicted! (I have a 2.5, 4 and 6 year old). (We did MODG K with my eldest last year, but was considering only using parts..)

Please

6 admin June 15, 2015

We emailed. Do you have any other questions?

7 Don Jennings February 6, 2013

No objections at all – use like this is *exactly* what I envisioned when I put my teaching materials online all those years ago. Nice work on the rewrites, and thanks for using my doodles… I was very proud of them when I was younger! :)

Don Jennings
moteaco.com

8 admin February 25, 2013

Wonderful. Thank you!

9 Kiki January 27, 2013

I just stumbled on this lovely telling of the Montessori God With No Hands. (I was looking for a secular version, but I’m not closed minded. :) ) This one has strong Christian language, but done tastefully. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz59aZKH_28 Or search for “Meher Montessori School, “God With No Hands”

10 Cynthia January 19, 2013

This is impressive – this is an amazing resource – you’re right – it is SO hard to find something we Catholics can use to discuss the Catholic understanding of a scientific explanation of creation. Well done – and Thank you!

11 admin January 20, 2013

You are WELCOME!

12 Ang January 19, 2013

Thanks, for the Time line composers study info, and how did you printout the whole creation picture, I had problems trying to print the full picture. I tried legal and landscape and still could not get full picture any suggestions.

Thanks again, Ang

13 admin January 20, 2013

I printed out the timeline of life in three segments on cardstock and laminated them. In the montessori schools, when they are telling the story, they only unfold part at a time, to I just add a segment at a time as I tell the story.

For the creation charts, I printed each (not the sun and solar system, just the hand drawn ones) on a full size sheet of cardstock. I had to save them to the desktop first and run them through paint.net to get them the right size.

14 Kristie August 22, 2015

I can’t get to the link for the timeline of life from moteacho
Any suggestions?

15 admin August 23, 2015

That site is closed now. It’s sad. What are you looking for? I may have downloaded it.

16 Kristie Jenkins Fox August 23, 2015

It was the timeline you printed on three pages I think. There is a partial snapshot of it at top of post.
We have used your local flora and fauna cards quite a bit- it has been a great resource. Thank you!

I just ordered your book – if you ever come back to Clinton to visit, I would love to get you to sign it!