MARCH: Lent starts March 5th
17 March: Saint Patrick
Patrick: Patron Saint of Ireland by De Paola
Around the Year with Once Upon a Time Saints by Pochocki
(>1) A Story of St. Patrick by Janda OR (>1) And God Blessed the Irish by Driscoll See inside these two HERE.
Activities for Lent
We have several Lenten traditions:
- We always sign up for the Holy Heroes Lenten Adventure. It’s free and the kids love the daily videos.
- We have Stations Candles and I have a VERY abbreviated version of the stations that we pray on Friday. Each child gets to light a certain number of candles and blow them out at the end. Totally a favorite.
- In the yard on Ash Wednesday, we burn the palms from last year and say some prayers over them. Again, fire is a favorite.
- Inside the house we “Bury the alleluia” in a box, that sits on the mantle till Easter.
- This year, we will also do the sacrifice beans that turn into jelly beans.