Click on hyperlinks above and below to get all of the images. I didn’t upload all the pictures to the blog, but you can get them all in the pdf links.
*All images from Kentucky Geological Society.
To use this material:
- Print out all of the clocks and cut apart, leaving the labels in tact.
- Place the clocks in order and number the backs in sharpie.
- Print all of the time period images and label sheet.
- Cut apart all labels, but keep the names attached to the images.
- Turn over the images and write the time period on the back. (It’s the file name)
- On the back of the time period labels, write the ERA: Hadean, Archaen, etc.
- Have the child line up the clocks in order and check his work by looking at the numbers on the back.
- Have the child place period labels underneath the clock images in the correct order and check the backs.
- Eliminate the Pre-Cambrian images from the stack and have the child place the rest under the correct period label.
- Include the Pre-Cambrian images and have the child create the whole set-up: clocks, time periods, and images under the right clock or label.