Thank you for visiting Little Schoolhouse in the Suburbs. Please subscribe and you'll get great homeschool tips sent to your inbox for free!
I have one lone shelf for my Montessori set-up. The only items that you will find there are set out daily, and as usual, the story-telling bag is already gone and in use.
- Our local vertebrate classified cards
- Zach’s known sandpaper letters
- A base ten bead set (‘limited bead material’ to Montessorians)
- Zach’s object boxes for sorting by sound (matches the sandpaper letters)
- Callie’s object boxes for word building (‘moveable alphabet’ to Montessorians)
- Our storytelling bag (read: 13 peg people plus all the leftovers that didn’t make the object boxes)
This is the only section of our homeschool with more than a one-week life span. The rest of the house looks like this:
Trays on the tables, floor, and fireplace. Changed weekly.